UNDERGRAD INTERNSHIP OVERVIEW
Are you a passionate, highly organized, and motivated mind with a “hunger” to create and a “sweet tooth” for high-impact and meaningful experiences? Do you eat, drink, and think culture? Does contributing to the cultural landscape that is New York City both excite and inspire you? Are you available to commit 2-5 hours a week for 1 to 6 months this year? We have flexible internship tracks! Then NY African Restaurant Week might be the place for you!
Come join a close-knit team of young, entrepreneurial, fun-loving, and community-oriented doers. Lead the effort to redefine African culture and cuisine in the city.
Our internship program is unparalleled and unique – designed around your passions, interests and career objectives, and of course, food! Our interns will take part in lunch n’ learns to build both soft and technical skills (from branding to financial modeling!). Our interns have “big buddies” and mentors. They join us for team social events in NYC and attend career treks with innovative companies. Our interns design cool products and are involved in end-to-end event ideation and execution. And most of all, our interns have fun!
Available internship roles:
- Strategy/Finance: You’re the van Gogh of Powerpoint or an Excel financial modeling whiz – you have internship experience in management consulting/ finance/investment banking or a related field.
- Event Planning: You’ve organized large-scale events and initiatives – you’ve got at least one completed project to show.
- Marketing: You’re a social media guru – blog, Facebook, Insta, Youtube, Twitter, Snapchat – you’ve got urls/links to back it up.
- Communications: Your affinity for the written word is unmatched – you’ve got a short sample of your writing (non-academic) and/or prior experience in communications.
- Multimedia: Your finesse in all matters of graphics and web design is nothing short of sensational – you’ve got at least two samples to show.
- Other: You’re an enthusiastic and hardworking human being interested in general business development and community engagement.
Interested? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about you!
Note: our next internship application cycle opens June 15, 2017.